When is it time for an ERP change?
Replacing your legacy ERP system is not a trivial task. Many things need to be considered and taken into account. On the other hand, relying on an old and outdated system for your business processes can hold your business back. Outdated systems often struggle with high operational risk, low levels of automation, poor data quality and a lack of legislative support. But how do you know when the time is right to expand or replace your legacy system?
9 signs that indicates that it´s time for an ERP change
Ask yourself and your colleagues the questions below to find out if it’s time to look for a new ERP solution for your beverage business.
- Do you use spreadsheets to compensate for lack of functionality?
- Do you have the same data or functionality replicated in multiple systems?
- Does your system need more and more workarounds and tweaking each year?
- Does your current system offer timely compliance with new regulations?
- Does your system restrict your business growth opportunities in terms of bringing new products to market, scalability, acquiring new companies or entering new markets?
- Are only a very limited number of staff familiar with your system?
- Is it difficult to integrate with other systems or data providers?
- Does the solution handle your distribution needs and preferred manufacturing strategies such as lean or demand-driven quality or compliance initiatives?
- Are there several years between your vendor’s major system upgrades?
If you find yourself answering ‘yes’ to most of these questions, your current solution is hindering your growth and you are likely to benefit from a new ERP solution.
Why go for a standard beverage ERP platform?
In a marketplace where conditions are tough and getting tougher, having the right solution to support your business is increasingly important. The right beverage ERP solution helps you automate, standardise and boost your processes, improve management through transparency, make it easy to scale as you grow and gets you there faster through fast implementation. Many beverage companies prefer to run their business with a standard solution. The beverage business solution Drink-IT is one example of a standard solution.
Want to learn more about how you choose the right beverage solution?
Download our free guide "10 key things you need to know before choosing a new beverage solution" Download the guide