Assess your readiness
Replacing your running ERP solution is no trivial task. Many things need to be considered and taken into account. However, relying on an old and outdated system for your business processes can hold your business back. Outdated systems often struggle with high operational risk, low levels of automation, poor data quality and a lack of legislative support.
But how do you know that it is the right time to expand or replace your current system? Ask yourself and your colleagues these questions to find out if it’s time to look for a new ERP solution for your beverage business:
- Do you use spreadsheets to compensate for lack of functionality?
- Do you have the same data or functionality replicated in multiple systems?
- Does your system need more and more workaround and tweaking each year?
- Does your current system offer timely compliance with new regulations?
- Does your system restrict your business growth opportunities in terms of bringing new products to market, scalability, acquiring new companies or entering new markets?
- Are only a very limited number of staff familiar with your system?
- Is it difficult to integrate with other systems or data providers?
- Does the solution handle your distribution needs and preferred manufacturing strategies such as lean or demand-driven quality or compliance initiatives?
- Are there several years between your vendor’s major system upgrades?
If you find yourself answering ‘yes’ to most of these questions, your current solution is hindering your growth and you are likely to benefit from a new ERP solution.